EAL Level 1 Award Introduction to Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding
Duration: One Week Course Reference Code: WBQ1MIG
This course and qualification is suitable for the beginner, for those seeking to start a career in welding or for the hobbyist seeking to develop some basic skills.
Learners will complete an e-Learning package to gain the underpinning knowledge for the selected process and equipment, followed by some basic hand-to-eye coordination development using one of our welding simulators. This is then followed by several days of ‘live’ workshop skill development in order to complete the necessary joints to the required visual standard.
Candidates must have the following as a minimum:
• 16 years old
• Reasonable literacy and numeracy levels
• Physically fit
• Good vision & a steady hand
• Have a basic level of underpinning knowledge for the MIG welding process
• Understand how to set up and operate the welding equipment
• Work safely
• Appreciate the hazards and risks associated with welding
• Complete five joints to the required levelevel 1 Award Introduction to Brazing & Soldering
Course bookings/enquiries can be made via the Technical Enquiry Form which can be found on our home page.
The course location is at the Learn to Weld Technology & Training Centre, close to London.
Training certificates are awarded by EAL