Sifalumin No 15 4043A Aluminium Rods – 2.4 mm x 2.5 Kg
- EN ISO 18273
- BS: 2901S
- Al 4043A (AlSi5)
- 4043A (NG21)
An aluminium alloy with 5% silicon, offering excellent flow characteristics and penetration. Suitable for welding duralumin cast (LM25) and wrought alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082 (H30). Weld will discolour if anodised.
Can be used TIG or Oxy Acetylene. If used with Oxy Acetylene, use Sif No. 36 Aluminium brazing and welding flux.
- Ensure that the parent metal surface is cleaned and fully degreased prior to welding.
- Clean joints with a stainless steel brush.
TYPICAL WELD METAL COMPOSITION
- Si: 5 %
- Al: Bal
- Melting Point: 635°C
TYPICAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
- Ult Tensile Strength 120 N/mm²
MATERIAL TO BE WELDED
- Suitable for welding duralumin, cast and wrought alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082(H30), as well as other 4 series aluminium.
- The resulting weld will discolour if anodised [If the finished article is to be anodised, use 1050A, or 5356].
- Pre-heating up to 120oC may be necessary, subject to material size and thickness.
- Wire brushing between passes is recommended, to remove build up of surface oxides.
There are no reviews yet.