Sifalumin No 15 4043A Aluminium Rods – 1.6 mm x 2.5 Kg
- EN ISO 18273
- BS: 2901S
- Al 4043A (AlSi5)
- 4043A (NG21)
An aluminium alloy with 5% silicon, offering excellent flow characteristics and penetration. Suitable for welding duralumin cast (LM25) and wrought alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082 (H30).
- Weld will discolour if anodised.
- Can be used TIG or Oxy Acetylene.
- If used with Oxy Acetylene, use Sif No. 36 Aluminium brazing and welding flux.
- Ensure that the parent metal surface is cleaned and fully degreased prior to welding.
- Clean joints with a stainless steel brush.
TYPICAL WELD METAL COMPOSITION
- Si: 5 %
- Al: Bal
- Melting Point: 635°C
TYPICAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
- Ult Tensile Strength: 120 N/mm²
MATERIAL TO BE WELDED
- Suitable for welding duralumin, cast and wrought alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082(H30), as well as other 4 series aluminium.
- The resulting weld will discolour if anodised [If the finished article is to be anodised, use 1050A, or 5356].
- Pre-heating up to 120oC may be necessary, subject to material size and thickness.
- Wire brushing between passes is recommended, to remove build up of surface oxides.
There are no reviews yet.