Weld Star – ER 307Si Stainless TIG Wire (1.6mm) 5kg
Features and Applications
Austenitic stainless steel wire with a significant amount of manganese, making the all weld metal in most cases fully austenitic.
High mechanical strength and excellent crack resistance.
Increased silicon content promotes weld pool fluidity to give a smooth deposit appearance.
Ideal for dissimilar welding between steel and stainless steel, armour plate and exhaust systems etc.
Suitable for depositing stress relaxing buffer layers on crack sensitive base metals including hardfacing.
Typically used on applications subject to atmospheric and corrosive media.
Typical Base Materials
Armour plate, exhaust systems (type 409, 304), high Manganese austenitic steel, difficult to weld steels such as 42CrMo4, C45, 42MnV7, tool steels, 1.3401, X120Mn12 etc.*
* Illustrative, not exhaustive list
- EN ISO 14343-A – W 18 8 Mn
- AWS A5.9 – ER 307Si
Chemical Composition % (Typical)
- C%: 0.045%
- Mn%: 6.06%
- Si%: 0.82%
- S%: 0.005%
- P%: 0.029%
- Ni%: 8.02%
- Cr%: 18.35%
- Mo%: 0.05%
- Cu%: 0.030% (?)
- Other elements: Not specified
- Tensile Strength: ≥500 MPa
- Yield Strength: ≥350 MPa
- Elongation: ≥25%
- Impact Strength: ≥100 J
- Mechanical properties are approximate and may vary based on the heat, shielding gas, welding parameters and other factors.
- EN ISO 14175 – TIG: I1 (Argon)
- EN ISO 6947 – PA, PB, PC, PD, PE, PF
- Diameter: 1.60 mm, 2.40 mm, 3.20 mm
- Length: 1000 mm for all diameters
- Weight: 5 Kg for all diameters
Liability: Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained, this information is subject to change without notice and can be only considered as suitable for general guidance.
There are no reviews yet.