Stainless 316L TIG Rods – 3.2 mm x 5 Kg
Stainless 316L TIG Rods are molybdenum-bearing stainless steel filler rods with a low carbon content. They are specifically designed for welding molybdenum-bearing austenitic stainless steels. This solid wire deposits a low C -19% Cr -12% Ni -2.8% Mo weld metal, making it ideal for welding 316 and 316L stainless steels. The rods are commonly used in the fabrication of pipe and plate. The weld metal offers excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion caused by non-oxidising acids. These rods are intended for applications where service temperatures do not exceed 400°C.
Features and Benefits:
- Molybdenum-Bearing: Contains molybdenum for enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Low Carbon Content: Reduces the risk of carbide precipitation.
- Versatile Applications: Suitable for welding 316 and 316L stainless steels.
- Corrosion Resistance: Offers resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Pipe Fabrication: Ideal for welding and fabricating pipes.
- Plate Fabrication: Suitable for plate welding and fabrication.
- High-Temperature Applications: Designed for use in environments with temperatures up to 400°C.
Material to be Welded:
The wire is used for a range of applications including the fabrication of pipe and plate. The weld metal provides good resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion by non-oxidising acids. Intended for applications where service temperatures do not exceed 400°C.
For use in all positions except vertical down.
TYPICAL WELD METAL COMPOSITION
TYPICAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
|Yield Strength (YS)||≥470 N/mm²|
|Impact toughness||≥130 J @ -60°C|
|Tensile Strength (UTS)||≥650 N/mm²|
AVAILABLE FORMATS: WIRE RODS
Shielding Gas: ArH₂