EAL Level 1 Award Introduction to Thermal & Plasma Cutting
Duration: One Week Course Reference Code: WBQ1CUT
This course and qualification is suitable for the beginner, for those seeking to start a career in welding or for the hobbyist seeking to develop some basic skills.
Learners will complete an e-Learning package to gain the underpinning knowledge for the
selected process and equipment, followed by some basic hand-to-eye coordination
development using one of our welding simulators. This is then followed by several days of ‘live’
workshop skill development in order to complete the necessary assessment cutting operations
to the required visual standard.
Candidates must have the following as a minimum:
• 16 years old
• Reasonable literacy and numeracy levels
• Physically fit
• Good vision & a steady hand
• Have a basic level of underpinning knowledge for the Thermal & Plasma cutting processes
• Understand how to set up and operate the cutting equipment
• Work safely, responsibly and to a high standard
• Appreciate the hazards and risks associated with cutting
• Complete cutting operations to the required level
Course bookings/enquiries can be made via our Technical Enquiry Form which can be found on our home page.
The course location is at the Learn to Weld Technology & Training Centre, close to London.
Training certificates are awarded by EAL