Ceramic Backing Material Strips – 12mm Diameter x 600mm
Our ceramic backing material strips enable welding to be carried out from one side with full penetration, and provide the following advantages:
- Removes the need for welding from the reverse side
- Helps reduce oxidation
- Does not create hydrogen inclusion
- Quick execution improves operation economy
- Can be used with every weldable metal
- 60 cm ceramic backing material on self-adhesive aluminium tape.
- Adhesive tack rated up to 250°C
- Tile suitable for average operating temperature of 800°C
- Box of 20
Ceramic backing strips are frequently used in heavy-gauge MIG/GMAW and MMA/SMAW applications, such as structural steel fabrication, bridge-building, pressure vessel manufacturing, shipbuilding, and pipeline seam welding.
These strips have a self-adhesive foil backing that sticks to the parent material. The butt-weld is aligned with the red indicator line, and a small gap is left if needed.
Ceramic backing strips can be used with every weldable material to reduce oxidation and prevent hydrogen inclusion by providing a heat-reflecting, weld-supporting surface against which to deposit the welding consumable. Gas release gaps reduce porosity by preventing gas entrapment.
The use of ceramic backing strips can reduce rework, improve efficiency, and provide operational economies by eliminating the need to grind out and re-weld from the reverse side and facilitating deposition of root and fill in a single pass.
|Ceramic Backing Material