Devcon 14277 – 1 Minute Epoxy – 12 x 50 ml
- Stock No.14277/12
- Package Size. 12 x 50ml Cartridge
A super-fast general purpose thixotropic epoxy adhesive for applications requiring fast fixing. This quick curing formula is excellent for bonding metals, fiberglass, and ceramics.
- Non-sagging on vertical and overhead surfaces
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Part fixturing in less than 1 minute
- Ideal for repairing or assembling furniture, jewellery, china, appliances and models
- Fast cure metal-to-metal bonding and repairs
- Suitable for bonding metals, glass, fibreglass, fabrics and ceramics
Physical Properties (Uncured)
- Colour Translucent
- Mixed Viscosity, cps 70,000 cps
- Mixed Ratio by Volume 1:1
- Mixed ratio by weight 1:1
- Mixed Density 1.13 gm/cc
- Working time 28gm @23oC 45 seconds
- Fixture time @23oC 1 minute
- Functional cure @ 23oC 30 – 45 minutes
- Full cure 2 hours
Physical Properties (Cured)
- 7 days cured at 24oC
- Adhesive tensile shear, (steel) ASTM D1002 11 MPa
- T Peel 4 – 5 N/10mm
- Service temperature, dry -40 – 93 degC
- Cured hardness, ASTM D2240 82D
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D2566 19.6 KV/mm
- Tensile elongation 1%
- % Solid by volume 100
- Specific volume 884 cm3/kg
- 7 days room temperature cure (30 days immersion)
- Acetic (Dilute) 10%: Poor
- Acetone: Poor
- Ammonia Poor Corn Oil: Excellent
- Cutting Oil Excellent Ethanol: Poor
- Petrol (unleaded): Poor
- Hydrochloric: 10% Poor
- Kerosene: Excellent
- Mineral Spirits: Excellent
- Sulphuric 10% Poor
- Glycols / Antifreeze Fair
- Isopropanol Poor
- MEK Poor
- Motor Oil Excellent
General Surface Preparation
1 Minute Epoxy works best on clean surfaces. Surfaces should be free of heavy deposits of grease, oil, dirt or other contaminants, or cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapour phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. Abrading or roughing the surfaces of metals will increase the microscopic bond area significantly and optimize the bond strength.
- Mixing: This product is available in cartridge form only.
- The cartridge should be used with a Manual Applicator Gun and a Static Mixer Nozzle.
- The Static Mixer Nozzle enables the epoxy to be dispensed, metered and directly applied to the surfaces to be bonded.
Please note: Once the product cures in the nozzle it has to be thrown away and a new nozzle used.
Apply mixed epoxy directly to one surface in an even film or as a bead. Assemble with the mating part within the recommended working time. Obtain firm contact between the parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact of the epoxy with the mating part. A small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to show there is adequate gap filling. For very large gaps, apply epoxy to both surfaces and spread to cover the entire area, or make a bead pattern, which will allow flow throughout the joint.
Let bonded assemblies stand for the recommended functional cure time before handling.
They are capable of withstanding processing forces at this point, but should not be dropped, shock loaded, or heavily loaded.
- Devcon Epoxy Adhesives should be stored in a cool, dry place when not used for a long period of time. A shelf life of 1 year from date of manufacture can be expected when stored at room temperature (22ºC) in their original containers.
- For complete safety and handling information, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheets prior to using this product.
- Devcon will replace any material found to be defective. Because the storage, handling and application of this material are beyond our control, we can accept no liability for the results obtained.
All information on this data sheet is based on laboratory testing and is not intended for design purposes. ITW Devcon makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning this data.
MSDS can be found in “DOCUMENTS” section