Weld Star – ER 385 Stainless TIG Wire (1.6mm) 5kg
Features and Applications
Super austenitic stainless steel wire characterised by its high resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
High Ni content in conjunction with the addition of Cu also results in excellent resistance in sulphuric solutions.
Ideal for environments subject to pitting and crevice corrosion attacks.
The microstructure is fully austenitic and is less sensitive to ferrite and sigma phase precipitation than conventional grades with high molybdenum contents.
Typically used in the phosphoric acid and chemical fertiliser industries, hydrometallurgy, paper industry and applications subject to seawater etc.
Typical Base Materials
- UNS N08904, ASTM B625, B673, B674, B677*
*Illustrative, not exhaustive list
- EN ISO 14343-A – W 20 25 5 Cu L
- AWS A5.9 – ER 385
Chemical Composition % (Typical)
- C%: <0.025%
- Mn%: 1.72%
- Si%: <0.50%
- S%: <0.020%
- P%: <0.020%
- Ni%: 24.87%
- Cr%: 19.79%
- Mo%: 4.24%
- Cu%: 1.36% (?)
- Other elements: Not specified
- Tensile Strength: ≥510 MPa
- Yield Strength: ≥320 MPa
- Elongation: ≥25%
- Impact Strength: Not specified Note: Mechanical properties are approximate and may vary based on the heat, shielding gas, welding parameters and other factors.
- EN ISO 14175 – TIG: I1 (Argon)
- EN ISO 6947 – PA, PB, PC, PD, PE, PF, PG
- Diameter: 1.60 mm, 2.40 mm, 3.20 mm
- Length: 1000 mm for all diameters
- Weight: 5 Kg for all diameters
Liability: Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained, this information is subject to change without notice and can be only considered as suitable for general guidance.
There are no reviews yet.