Double Seal System Kit (16 – 320 mm)
Purge pipes fast with minimal gas usage.
The Silicone Double Seal purging system that has been designed to further reduce both inert gas use and purging time. These systems, use silicon discs to form an air tight seal, reducing purge times, and gas usage for maximum efficiency.
There are 2 styles of silicon double seal systems available:
- The Gas Finger system is designed for small pipes and tubes from 16 – 38mm i/d
- The Double Seal systems are made for pipes from 1 1/2″ to 12″
Features and advantages
- Typical purge times of less than 2 minutes (e.g. an 8″ Pipe will purge to below 0.01% Oxygen in less than 2 minutes)
- High quality silicon sealing disks that prevent them tilting or falling over inside the pipe.
- Guaranteed gas tight seal.
- UV and temperature resistant up to 330ºc continuously or 450ºc for shot periods.
- Suitable for purging pipes, elbows and fittings.
- The silicon seal units can be separated and used as a gas finger and pipe stopper respectively.
- Single Gas Finger for smaller pipe and tubes.
- Show with flexible hose connection for purging elbows and fittings.
Available as a kit for 16-320mm
How it works
The gas inlet and outlet are provided with twin sealing discs separated by a flexible, rigid or a spring-type tube. The design also guarantees that at least one disc will always remain tight to the pipe wall creating a 100% seal. The discs are UV and temperature-resistant up to 330ºC for up to one hour. The gas is diffused into the chamber via the built in sintered diffuser and exits through the exhaust holes in the secondary twin disc unit. This process of gas diffusion provides an even flow of gas and prevents any gas turbulence behind the weld, thereby minimising the risk of oxygen in the welding chamber while, at the same time, achieving an extremely short purge time. These extremely short purge times result in valuable cost savings in gas and time.
Besides the very short purging time, the Silicon Seal System also offers the possibility to cover various nominal pipe diameters by one pair of baffles enabling highly economic use of the device.
The double seal system can be purchased individually or in kit form for a range of pipe diameters.
Gas inlet push fitting universal on all sizes.
Supplied with a carabiner and insulated withdrawal cable for sizes 38mm upwards for ease of withdrawal from the pipe.