A popular grade of Silver Solder offering good capillary action and ductility in many ferrous and non-ferrous applications. It is suitable for all ferrous and non-ferrous metals except aluminium. It can be used with a range of heat sources. It also offers a combination of medium melting temperature and flow characteristics. Use with SIF SILVER SOLDER flux.
- Suitable for use in the heating, ventilation, refrigeration,
- electrical, and process industries. It is particularly well
- suited for use in the medical equipment and food industries.
- However, this alloy should only be used to form capillary joints.
EN ISO: 17672 Ag 140
TYPICAL WELD METAL COMPOSITION
- Ag 40 %
- Cu 30 %
- Zn 28 %
- Sn 2 %
TYPICAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
- Melting Point 670-710°C
- Ult Tensile Strength 440 N/mm²
- Hardness 130 BHN