EAL Level 1 Award Introduction to Brazing & Soldering
Duration: One Week Course Reference Code: WBQ1BRZ
This course and qualification is suitable for the beginner, for those seeking to start a career in
brazing & soldering or for the hobbyist seeking to develop some basic skills.
Candidates must have the following as a minimum:
• 16 years old
• Reasonable literacy and numeracy levels
• Physically fit
• Good vision & a steady hand
Learners will complete an e-Learning package to gain the underpinning knowledge for the selected process and equipment, followed by some basic hand-to-eye coordination development using one of our welding simulators. This is then followed by several days of ‘live’ workshop skill development in order to complete the necessary joints to the required visual standard.
• Have a basic level of underpinning knowledge for the brazing & soldering processes
• Understand how to set up and operate the brazing & soldering equipment
• Work safely, responsibly and to a high standard
• Appreciate the hazards and risks associated with brazing & soldering
• Complete five joints to the required level
Course bookings/enquiries can be made via the enquiry form, which can be found on our home page.
The course location is at the Learn to Weld Technology & Training Centre, close to London.
Training certificates are awarded by EAL