Sifmig 968 MIG Brazing Wire – 1.0 mm x 4 Kg
Sifmig 968 is a MIG brazing wire composed of copper with 3% silicon and 1% manganese. This unique composition makes it ideal for fusion welding materials of similar composition, as well as copper alloys like brass. Additionally, it’s a versatile wire suitable for MIG brazing steels, surfacing steel, and even dissimilar metal applications. The added silicon and manganese enhance the wire’s flow properties and wear resistance.
Features and Benefits:
- Composition: Contains 3% silicon and 1% manganese, providing excellent flow properties and wear resistance.
- Versatility: Suitable for fusion welding, MIG brazing steels, surfacing steel, and dissimilar metal applications.
- High-Quality Welds: Ensures consistent and strong welds, especially on materials of similar composition and copper alloys.
- Diverse Applications: Can be used in various industries and for different purposes, from shipbuilding to sculpture making.
- Shipbuilding and offshore projects
- Automotive industry
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Sculpture making and repair
- Manufacturing of bronze statues, castings, and tubular products
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||350 N/mm²|
|Product Type||Mig Wire – Brazing|
|Melting Point (DegC)||980-1020|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength (U.T.S.) N/mm2||350|
|Current Type||Direct Current (DC+)|
|Amperage Range||35-180 Amps|
BS: 2901 C9. EN ISO 24373: Cu 6560