Sifmig 8 MIG Brazing Wire – 1.2 mm x 0.7 Kg
Sifmig 8 is a phosphor bronze MIG brazing wire enriched with 7% tin. It is specifically designed for fusion welding of phosphor bronze castings, copper alloys, and brass. Additionally, this wire is versatile enough to be used for MIG brazing on ferrous, stainless, and dissimilar metals, as well as for applying a bearing surface. It is a popular choice for welding bronze, brass, copper, and copper alloys, especially in applications like crack repair in castings or to impart a wear-resistant layer on surfaces prone to abrasion. For metals with trace lead content, such as LG2, it’s recommended to apply the Sifmig 8 in stages, grinding between passes to eliminate lead from the joint and minimize porosity.
Features & Benefits:
- Versatile Composition: Contains 7% tin, making it suitable for a variety of welding applications.
- Multiple Applications: Can be used for fusion welding, MIG brazing, and applying bearing surfaces.
- High-Quality Welds: Especially useful for repairing cracks in castings and providing wear-resistance.
- Special Considerations: When working with metals containing trace lead, apply in stages and grind between passes.
- Metal Types: Ideal for phosphor bronze castings, copper alloys, brass, ferrous metals, stainless steel, and dissimilar metals.
- Specific Uses: Crack repair in castings, applying wear-resistant layers, and more.
|Sub Category||Mig Wire – Brazing|
|Melting Point DegC||900-1050|
|Current||DC = +|
|Shielding Gas||Pure Argon, or 95/5 (5%CO2) ArCO2|
Weldable in all positions and particularly useful in hard-to-reach areas. Ensure surfaces of parent metal are cleaned thoroughly before welding.
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||260 N/mm²|
BS: 2901 C11. EN ISO 24373: Cu5180A [CuSn6P]