Sifmig 8 MIG Brazing Wire – 0.8 mm x 12.5 Kg
The Sifmig 8 MIG Brazing Wire, with a diameter of 0.8mm and weighing 12.5Kg, is a phosphor bronze wire enriched with 7% tin. This wire is meticulously crafted for fusion welding of phosphor bronze castings, copper alloys, and brass. Additionally, it is adept for MIG brazing on a variety of metals including ferrous, stainless, and even dissimilar metals. One of its notable applications is to provide a wear-resistant layer on surfaces that are prone to abrasion. It is especially beneficial for tasks such as crack repair in castings. For metals containing trace amounts of lead, like LG2, it is recommended to apply the Sifmig 8 in stages, with grinding between passes to ensure the removal of lead and reduce porosity.
- Phosphor Bronze Composition: Contains 7% tin, making it suitable for fusion welding of phosphor bronze castings, copper alloys, and brass.
- Versatile Applications: Can be used for MIG brazing on various metals and for applying a bearing surface.
- Wear-Resistance: Ideal for providing a wear-resistant layer on surfaces prone to abrasion.
- Special Considerations: For metals with trace lead, apply in stages and grind between passes to reduce porosity.
The Sifmig 8 MIG Brazing Wire is tailored for:
- Bronze, Brass, and Copper Welding: Perfect for fusion welding tasks involving phosphor bronze castings, copper alloys, and brass.
- MIG Brazing: Suitable for MIG brazing on a variety of metals, including ferrous, stainless, and dissimilar metals.
- Wear-Resistance Layer: Ideal for applying a wear-resistant layer on surfaces prone to abrasion, especially for crack repair in castings.
|Sub Category||Mig Wire – Brazing|
|Melting Point DegC||900-1050|
|Current||DC = +|
|Shielding Gas||Pure Argon, or 95/5 (5%CO2) ArCO2|
Weldable in all positions and particularly useful in hard-to-reach areas. Ensure surfaces of parent metal are cleaned thoroughly before welding.
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||260 N/mm²|
BS: 2901 C11. EN ISO 24373: Cu5180A [CuSn6P]