HF-400 x 4.0mm
Wear facing electrode for impact resistance.
- Tip colour : Light green
- Classification DIN 8555 : E1-UM-400
- Rutile coated electrode for surfacing of machine and construction parts, as well as of tools made of low-alloyed and cast steels which are subject to wear by pressure and impact.
- Electrodes are easy to weld even on low amperage and small portable welding equipment with a low open arc voltage.
- Soft flow with almost no spatter, self releasing slag, excellent weld bead appearance.
- Sound, crack free deposit, machinable with carbide cutting tools.
Surfacing of rollers, gear teeth, stamps, hammers, guide rails etc.
All weld metal Hardness
~ 400HB/ 39 – 42HRC
Typical weld metal composition (%)
C SI Cr Mn Fe
0.30 0.5 1.0 1.5 Rem
Size (mm) 2,5×350 3,2×450 4,0×450
Electr./Packet 267 163 104
Electr./Carton 1068 652 416
Kg/1000 Electr. 18.7 40 63
Packets/Carton 4 4 4
Kg/Packet 5 6.5 6.5
Kg/Carton 20 26 26
Welding Amp (A) 90 115 160
Redrying, if necessary, 1h/150°C. Preheating is not required on mild and medium carbon steels. Low alloyed, high carbon tool steels etc. should be preheated, where possible, to 250 – 400°C, depending on their composition and thickness. Slow cooling in air after surfacing.
1G 2F 2G 3G 4G