Sifsteel Duplex Stainless Steel TIG Rods – 2.4 mm x 5 Kg
Sifsteel Duplex Stainless Steel TIG Rods are designed for welding austenitic-ferritic stainless alloys, offering a high resistance to various forms of corrosion, including intergranular, pitting, and stress corrosion. As a 2209 duplex rod, it is becoming increasingly popular in sour pipeline and offshore applications due to its robust properties and resistance to corrosive elements.
Features and Benefits:
- High Corrosion Resistance: Offers protection against general, intergranular, pitting, and stress corrosion.
- Versatile Use: Suitable for welding austenitic-ferritic alloys.
- Optimal Performance: Designed for sour applications where exposure to corrosive chlorides and hydrogen sulphides can occur.
- Strength-to-Weight Ratio: Duplex material offers superior strength without added weight.
- Price Stability: Provides a cost-effective solution for various welding applications.
- Sour Pipeline: Ideal for environments with corrosive elements.
- Offshore Work: Provides durability and resistance in marine applications.
- Sheet and Pipe Applications: Suitable for a range of industry sectors, including:
- Pulp & Paper
- Food & Beverage
||Duplex Stainless Steel TIG Rod
Sifsteel Stainless Duplex is designed to be used to weld parent material of a similar composition, and is common in sour applications where exposure to corrosive chlorides and hydrogen sulphides can occur.
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength
|EN ISO 14343-B
||2209 (W 22 9 3 NL)
A carriage charge is applied to orders, for standard 1-2 day shipments to mainland destinations within the United Kingdom. Other destinations and premium services are available but subject to additional freight charges.