5 Minute® Epoxy 10- x 28gram[25ml]
Package Size 25ml Dev-tube 70g Twin-tube 50ml Cartridge 400ml Cartridge
A rapid-curing, general-purpose adhesive / encapsulant. It forms a hard, rigid bond or coating in minutes
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Good dielectric strength
- Good solvent resistance
- Cures fast for quick metal to metal bonding and repairs
- Pots and encapsulates electronic components and assemblies
- Suitable for bonding metals, fabrics, ceramics, glass, wood and concrete (in combinations)
Physical Properties (Uncured)
- Colour Light Amber
- Mixed Viscosity 10,000cps
- Mixed Ratio by Volume & Weight 1:1
- Working time 28 grams @ 23ËšC 3 – 6 minutes
- Fixture time 10-15 minutes
- Functional cure @ 23ËšC 45 – 60 minutes
- Full Cure 12 hours
- Mixed Density 1.10 gm/cc
Performance characteristics (cured)
- 7 days cured at 24ËšC
- Adhesive tensile shear ASTM D1002 13 MPa
- T Peel 4-5 N/10mm
- Service temperature, dry -40 – 93ËšC
- Tensile Elongation 1%
- Specific Volume 909 cm3/kg
- % solids by volume 100
- Cured hardness, ASTM D2240 85D
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D149 19.6 KV/mm
- 7 days room temperature cure (30 days immersion)
- Acetic (dilute)10% Poor Acetone Poor
- Ammonia Poor Corn Oil Excellent
- Cutting oil Excellent Ethanol Poor
- Petrol (unleaded) Excellent Glycols/Antifreeze Fair
- Hydrochloric 10% Poor Isopropanol Poor
- Kerosene Excellent MEK Poor
- Mineral Spirits Excellent Motor Oil Excellent
- Sodium Hydroxide 10% Poor
- Sulphuric 10% Poor
5 Minute Epoxy works best on clean surfaces. Surfaces should be free of heavy deposits of grease, oil, dirt or other contaminants, or cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapour phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. Abrading or roughing the surfaces of metals will increase the microscopic bond area significantly and optimise the bond strength.
This product is available in cartridge, non-cartridge and 28g Devtube form.
The cartridge should be used with the appropriate manual Applicator Gun and Static Mixer Nozzle. The Static Mixer Nozzle enables the epoxy to be dispensed, metered and directly applied to the surfaces to be bonded.
Please note: Once the product cures in the nozzle it has to be thrown away and a new nozzle used.
Proper homogenous mixing of the two epoxy components of resin and hardener are essential for the curing and development of stated strengths. Always mix the two components with clean tools, preferably of a disposable design.
For small amounts use Devcon’s 28g Devtube, which comes with it’s own plunger to extrude the two components at an equal rate.
Application Apply mixed epoxy directly to one surface in an even film or as a bead. Assemble with the mating part within the recommended working time. Obtain firm contact between the parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact of the epoxy with the mating part. A small amount of epoxy should flow out the edges to show there is adequate gap filling. For very large gaps, apply epoxy to both surfaces and spread to cover the entire area, or make a bead pattern, which will allow flow throughout the joint.
Let bonded assemblies stand for the recommended functional cure time before handling. They are capable of withstanding processing forces at this point, but should not be dropped, shock loaded or heavily loaded.
Devcon Epoxy Adhesives should be stored in a cool, dry place when not used for a long period of time. A shelf life of 3 years from date of manufacture can be expected when stored at room temperature 22ºC in their original containers.
Precaution For complete safety and handling information please refer to the appropriate Materials Safety Data Sheets prior to using this product.
Devcon will replace any material found to be defective. Because the storage, handling and application of this material is beyond our control we can accept no liability for the results obtained.
All information on this data sheet is based on laboratory testing and is not intended for design purposes. ITW Devcon makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning this data.