2 Ton Epoxy 10 x 50ml
Stock No. 14260/12
Package Size 50ml Cartridge x 12 400ml Cartridge
A high strength, non-shrinking, adhesive/potting compound specially formulated for high clarity, good impact strength, and water resistance. The adhesive bond is resistant to weathering, solvents, and wide variations in temperature.
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Good water and chemical resistance
- Fills gaps and voids
- Room temperature curing
- Bonding or potting electronic components and assemblies
- Creating moisture-resistant seals
- Suitable for bonding ceramics, ferrous and non-ferrous, ferrites, wood, glass and concrete
Physical Properties (Uncured)
- Colour Clear
- Mixed Viscosity 8,000cps
- Mixed Ratio by Volume 1:1
- Mixed Ratio by weight 1.2:1
- Mixed Density 1.10 gm/cc
- Working time 28 grams @ 23EsC 8 12 minutes
- Fixture time @ 23oC 30 35 minutes
- Functional cure @ 23EsC 2 hours
- Full Cure 12 hours
Physical Properties (Cured)
- 7 days cured @ 24EsC
- Adhesive tensile shear, ASTM D1002 15.5 MPa (0.25 mm bondline)
- T peel 4-5 N/10mm
- Tensile Elongation 1%
- Service temperature, dry -40 93oC
- Cured hardness, ASTM D2240 83D
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D149 24 KV/mm
- Compression strength, ASTM D695 75.86 MPa
- Specific Volume 909 cm3/kg
- 7 days room temperature cure (30 days immersion)
- Acetic (dilute) 10% Poor Acetone Fair
- Ammonia Very Good Corn Oil Excellent
- Cutting oil Excellent Ethanol Poor
- Petrol (unleaded) Excellent Glycols/Antifreeze Excellent
- Hydrochloric 10% Poor Isopropanol Poor
- Kerosene Excellent MEK Poor
- Mineral Spirits Excellent Motor Oil Excellent
- Sodium Hydroxide 10% Very Good Sulphuric 10% Poor
General Surface Preparation
2 Ton Epoxy works best on clean surfaces. Surfaces should be free of heavy deposits of grease, oil, dirt or other contaminants or cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor degreasers or hot aqueous baths. Abrading or roughing the surfaces of metals will increase the microscopic bond area significantly and optimize the bond strength.
The cartridge should be used with the appropriate manual Applicator Gun and Static Mixer Nozzle.
The Static Mixer Nozzle enables the epoxy to be dispensed, metered and directly applied to the surfaces to be bonded.
Please note: Once the product cures in the nozzle it has to be thrown away and a new nozzle used.
Application Apply mixed epoxy directly to one surface in an even film or as a bead. Assemble with the mating part within the recommended working time. Obtain firm contact between the parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact of the epoxy with the mating part. A small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to show there is adequate gap filling. For very large gaps, apply epoxy to both surfaces and spread to cover the entire area, or make a bead pattern,which will allow flow throughout the joint.
Let bonded assemblies stand for the recommended functional cure time before handling. They are capable of withstanding processing forces at this point, but should not be dropped, shock loaded or heavily loaded.
Devcon Epoxy Adhesives should be stored in a cool dry place when not used for a long period of time. A shelf life of 3 years from date of manufacture can be expected when stored at room temperature (22C) in their original containers
For complete safety and handling information, please refer to the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets prior to using this product.
Devcon will replace any material found to be defective. Because the storage, handling and application of this material is beyond our control we can accept no liability for the results obtained.
All information on this data sheet is based on laboratory testing and is not intended for design purposes. ITW Devcon makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning this data.
MSDS can be found in “DOCUMENTS” section