Sifalloy No 79 Copper Nickel TIG Rods (90/10 Cuni) – 1.6 mm x 5 Kg
Sifalloy No 79 Copper Nickel TIG Rods are CuNi alloyed rods designed for joining and surfacing similar alloys with up to 30% nickel content. These rods are copper-nickel-ferrous with 30% nickel, making them particularly suitable for highly stressed corrosion-resistant weld surfacing on cast iron, unalloyed, and low-alloyed steel. Their resistance to seawater makes them ideal for offshore applications, shipbuilding, and other industries requiring corrosion resistance.
Features and Benefits:
- High Nickel Content: Contains 30% nickel, offering enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Versatility: Suitable for joining similar copper-nickel alloys and for weld surfacing on various materials.
- Seawater Resistance: Provides excellent resistance to seawater, making it ideal for marine applications.
- Optimal Mechanical Properties: Offers an ultimate tensile strength of 420 N/mm² and a hardness of 115 BHN.
- High Melting Point: With a melting point of 1180°C, it ensures durability and longevity in various applications.
- Offshore applications due to its resistance to seawater.
- Shipbuilding, ensuring the longevity and durability of marine vessels.
- Plant engineering, especially in areas requiring corrosion-resistant weld surfacing.
- Chemical and food industry where corrosion resistance is crucial.
- Oil refineries, ensuring the safety and longevity of equipment.
|Product Type||Tig Rods – Copper|
Due to the resistance to sea water the alloy is suitable for offshore applications, ship building, chemical and food industry and oil refineries.
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||420 N/mm²|
|Melting Point||1180 °C|
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Material to be Welded
Particularly suitable for highly stressed corrosion-resistant weld surfacing on grey cast iron and on unalloyed and low-alloyed steel.
|ISO 24373||Cu7158 (CuNi30)|