CARBO DURIT Ni E – 6 mm
- Standards DIN 8555 G 21-GF-UM-50-CG
- DIN EN 14700 E Ni20
- Welding positions PA, PB
- Flux-cored wire equivalent: CARBO F-DURIT Ni
- CARBO DURIT Ni E is a tubular rod containing fused tungsten carbides in a nickel base matrix alloy. This alloy is especially designed for manual arc welding.
- The weld metal is composed of 60 to 65 % fused tungsten carbides which are embedded in a matrix alloy containing 35 to 40 % NiSiB.
- CARBO DURIT Ni E is “unique” in that it produces a smooth, clean surface.
- The alloy flows extremely well, due to the low melting point of between 900 and 1000°C.
- The nickel based matrix alloy provides excellent resistance to acids and other corrosive media.
- CARBO DURIT Ni A is used for applications which are subject to extremely heavy abrasive wear and corrosive media at the same time.
- Hardfacing equipment parts made of ferritic and austenitic steels.
- Mixer blades, milling plates, conveyor worms, stabilizer blades, slurry pump valves
- Moulding sand preparation plants
- Corrosion resistant welded coatings on parts which are subject to strong abrasive wear, e.g. in the chemical industry and the food industry.
Recommendations for best welding results
- Thoroughly clean the welding zone. It should be exempt from grease, scale, corrosion, and similar contamination.
- Preheat the work piece to 300 – 500° C.
- During the welding process the local base material temperature has to be increased to 650°C, however, overheating should be avoided.
Hardness ( typical values )
|Fused tungsten carbide HV||Matrix HRc|
|> 2300 ca.||45|
Weld metal analysis (typical, wt. %)
- NiSiB: 37%
- WSC: 63%
- Current: + / ~ 50 V
|Dia./Length||Amperage (A)||kg / packet||kg / carton|
|4.0 x 350||80-100||5.0||20.0|
|5.0 x 350||100-120||5.0||20.0|
|6.0 x 350||120-160||5.0||20.0|
There are no reviews yet.