CARBO DURIT Ni A – 3.5 mm
- Standards DIN 8555 G 21-GF-50-CG
- DIN EN 14700 T Ni20
- Part No:DURITA35/5
- Flux-cored wire equivalent CARBO F- Durit Ni
- Welding positions: PA, PB
- CARBO DURIT Ni A is a tubular rod containing fused tungsten carbides in a nickel base matrix alloy.
- This alloy is especially designed for gas welding.
- The weld metal is composed of 60 to 65 % fused tungsten carbides which are embedded in a matrix alloy containing 35 to 40 % NiSiB.
- CARBO DURIT Ni A excels by producing a smooth, clean surface.
- The alloy flows extremely well, due to the low melting point of between 900 and 1000°C.
- The nickel based matrix alloy provides excellent resistance to acids and other corrosive media.
- CARBO DURIT Ni A is used for applications which are subject to severe abrasive wear and corrosive media at the same time.
Hardfacing equipment parts made of ferritic and austenitic steels. e.g. mixer blades, milling plates, conveyor worms, stabilizer blades, slurry pump valves, moulding sand preparation plants , corrosion resistant hardfacings on parts which are subject to extreme abrasive wear, e.g. in the chemical industry and the food industry.
Recommendations for best welding results
- Thoroughly clean the welding zone. It should be exempt from grease, scale, corrosion, and similar contamination.
- Preheat the work piece to 300 – 500° C.
- During the welding process the local base material temperature has to be increased to 650°C, however, overheating should be avoided.
- Adjust the torch to a slight acetylene excess so you can weld with a 2 x flame cone.
Hardness ( typical values )
- Fused tungsten carbide HV : 2300
- Matrix HRc: 45
Weld metal analysis (typical, wt. %)
- NiSiB: 37%
- WSC: 63%
Diameter / Length & Packet Size
|4.0 x 350||5.0|
|5.0 x 350||5.0|
|6.0 x 350||5.0|
There are no reviews yet.