Antox 75E Stainless Steel Brightener – 5 Litres
The 75E non-toxic stainless steel Cleaner, Brightener & Rust Remover
Used to remove Iron (rust) contamination, oil and grease without damage to the protective passive layer of the stainless steel. This solution meets the requirements detailed in ASTM A380-06 & A967-05.
The solution can be applied by acid resistant brushes, immersion in a bath or by using a chemical resistant spray unit such as the Antox hand operated sprayer. It is also used for general surface cleaning of nickel, copper & brass alloys.
Application and Procedure
Before commencing work, read the material safety data sheets, observe all safety precautions and use the correct protective equipment.
When removing Iron contamination a minimum contact time of 20 minutes is required for the chemical reaction to take place. The optimal cleaning temperature is around 18 – 22° C. Work routines should be avoided in direct sunlight (due to hazard of premature drying).When using 75E cleaner the surface may benefit from the use of a soft abrasive fabric to enhance the removal of contaminants.
Neutralise with 10% solution of the alkaline based Mainclean either brushed onto the surface, sprayed or dosed through Jet wash then rinse with cold water. This works in three ways, it neutralizes the acid in-situ so that it does not contaminated other areas, stops the formation of the “spilt milk” effect associated with Phosphoric acid and finally ensures that the solution washed off is about ph 7. Although the acids are neutralised, local waste water regulations must be observed.
- Rust and acid-resistant steels, stainless steels: 20 – 30 minutes
- Nickel & Nickel alloys – Copper & Brass alloys: 5 – 20 minutes
- 75E cleaner contains no hydrochloric acid and no chlorides
- 1 litre of 75E cleaner is sufficient for approx. 20 – 25 sq. metres of surface area.
Notes on hazards and suggestions for safety precautions
- The 75E cleaner contains phosphoric acid.
- This is extremely toxic when swallowed. Contact with the skin causes acid burns.
- Process and store in a well-ventilated place (the cans should be tightly closed). Breathing apparatus should be used when ventilation facilities are insufficient.
- Appropriate protective goggles; gloves and clothing should be worn whilst working.
- Thorough rinsing with water should treat contact with the eyes and thereafter a doctor should be consulted. Contaminated and soaked protective clothing should be immediately changed. A doctor should be consulted if nausea is experienced (the doctor should be shown the notes on safety precautions, the product notes or the product label).
- These products should not be accessible to children & are for commercial and industrial use only.
Disposal of Waste
- Neither 75E cleaner nor the rinsing water may be disposed of in the public sewers in an untreated state.
- The waste water is acidic and contains metal oxides from the treated metal.
- Appropriate treatment should be carried out in a suitable neutralisation plant or disposal undertaken via a licensed waste disposal enterprise.
- The local waste water regulations are to be observed.
This issue replaces all previous issues. The information is provided to the best of our knowledge and conscience and conforms to the laboratory and field experience at the time of going to press. However, it must only be regarded as non-binding guidelines which have to be adapted to requirements. Since the use of our products lies beyond our control, we can only accept liability for the perfect standard quality at the time of delivery.
Consequential losses will only be recognised if this was expressly agreed before use in writing, stating the warranted characteristics.