SIFMIG 5356 – Aluminium MIG Wire – 1.2 mm x 6.5 Kg
SIFMIG 5356 is a precision layer wound, aluminium MIG wire embedded with 5% magnesium. Designed for both semi-automated and fully-automated welding systems, it offers superior corrosion resistance and heightened strength due to its unique composition.
- High Magnesium Content: Contains 5% magnesium, providing excellent corrosion resistance.
- High Strength: Offers superior strength, making it ideal for critical welding applications.
- Precision Layer Wound: Ensures positive, uninterrupted feeding, ideal for automated systems.
- Versatility: Suitable for welding a range of magnesium-bearing aluminium alloys and heat-treatable alloys.
- Quality Assurance: Produced with high standards, ensuring consistent reliability and quality.
- Welding magnesium-bearing aluminium alloys such as 5251 (N4), 5154 (N5), and 5454 (N51).
- Compatible with heat treatable alloys like 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20), and 6082 (H30).
- Used in sectors like metalworking, shipbuilding, and construction for welding plate, pipe, tube, and components
Material To Be Welded
Suitable for welding magnesium bearing aluminium alloys such as 5251 (N4), 5154 (N5), 5454 (N51) and also heat treatable alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082 (H30). Also suitable for welding forged and cast aluminium-manganese / aluminium-magnesium components, and dissimilar aluminium alloy grades containing a maximum of 5% Mg. Can also be used to weld components which are to be subsequently anodised.
Pre-heating up to 1200 degC may be necessary, subject to material size and thickness. Wire brushing between passes is recommended to ensure removal of surface oxide build up.
Suitable for use on plate, pipe, tube and components. Ensure that parent metal surface is cleaned and fully degreased prior to welding.
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ult Tensile Strength||250 N/mm²|
|Melting Point ( degC)||640|
|Shielding Gas||Argon, Argon/Helium|
|EN ISO 18273||S Al 5356 (AlMg5)|
|BS 2901||5356 (NG6)|