SIFMIG 5356 – Aluminium MIG Wire – 0.8 mm x 6.5 Kg
SIFMIG 5356 Aluminium MIG Welding Wire, with a diameter of 0.8mm, is a general-purpose aluminium wire enriched with 5% magnesium. This composition ensures excellent corrosion resistance and high strength. Precision layer-wound for consistent and uninterrupted feeding, it’s suitable for both semi-automated and fully-automated welding systems. This wire is particularly designed for welding magnesium-bearing aluminium alloys and certain heat-treatable alloys.
- Contains 5% Magnesium, ensuring excellent corrosion resistance and high strength.
- Precision layer-wound for consistent and uninterrupted feeding.
- Suitable for welding specific aluminium alloys, including magnesium-bearing and heat-treatable ones.
- Ideal for components that will be subsequently anodised.
SIFMIG 5356 Aluminium MIG Welding Wire is ideal for:
- Welding magnesium-bearing aluminium alloys like 5251 (N4), 5154 (N5), and 5454 (N51).
- Welding heat-treatable alloys like 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20), and 6082 (H30).
- Welding forged and cast aluminium-manganese/aluminium-magnesium components.
- Welding dissimilar aluminium alloy grades containing up to 5% Mg.
Suitable for use on plate, pipe, tube and components. Ensure that parent metal surface is cleaned and fully degreased prior to welding.
Material To Be Welded
Suitable for welding magnesium bearing aluminium alloys such as 5251 (N4), 5154 (N5), 5454 (N51) and also heat treatable alloys 6063 (H9), 6061 (H20) and 6082 (H30). Also suitable for welding forged and cast aluminium-manganese / aluminium-magnesium components, and dissimilar aluminium alloy grades containing a maximum of 5% Mg. Can also be used to weld components which are to be subsequently anodised.
Pre-heating up to 1200 degC may be necessary, subject to material size and thickness. Wire brushing between passes is recommended to ensure removal of surface oxide build up.
Typical Weld Metal Composition
Typical Mechanical Properties
|Ult Tensile Strength||250 N/mm²|
|Melting Point ( degC)||640|
|Shielding Gas||Argon, Argon/Helium|
|EN ISO 18273||S Al 5356 (AlMg5)|
|BS 2901||5356 (NG6)|