The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
This regulation relates to the safety of your Oxy-Acetylene/Oxy-Propane equipment.
It is the responsibility of employers to ensure that their equipment is inspected by a qualified person on a regular basis.
The inspection should cover and include:-
• Test equipment for functionality and safety
• Identify and replace non-compliant equipment
• Diagnose and prevent equipment problems
• Provide safe, compliant, leak-free installations
• Manage a ’tagging’ process for annual inspections
We are introducing a BCGA CP7 Gas Inspection Course to our site, in the near future.
Learn how to provide a complete inspection and certification service.
This course enables those supervisors, users or managers, with a
basic understanding of the Oxy/Fuel gas welding process to inspect
portable Oxy/Fuel cutting and welding gas equipment in accordance
with the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and the
British Compressed Gases Association Code of Practice 7 (BCGA CP7).